This is the 14th year for the award program, in which the Puget Sound Business Journal identifies men and women under the age of 40 who are dynamic leaders in their businesses, their industries and their community. Over the past 13 years of the program, they have profiled over 500 young business owners, decision makers and executives with entrepreneurial spirit.
Each year hundreds of men and women completed applications and competed to become the next 40 individuals to join this powerful group!
Their applications were then reviewed by a panel of judges comprised of area business leaders. Judges selected leaders from Washington companies who have accomplished great things in their career, their company, their industry and in their community. Of course, all applicants are 39 years of age or younger through Sept. 30, 2012.
Here are the top 21 of the 2012 40 Under 40 Honorees:
- Travis Beaven, Chief Operating Officer, UIEvolution
- Mark Birzell, Founding Partner, Loft9 Consulting
- Amy Bohutinsky, Chief Marketing Officer, Zillow
- Michelle Bomberger, Founder and Managing Attorney, Equinox Business Law Group PLLC
- Amber Busch, Tax Principal, Clothier & Head
- Marcus Charles, Principle , MDC Holdings, LLC (dbaLocal 360, The Crocodile, Juju/Alley Burger)
- Charlie Claxton, Founder; Vice President, Creative Strategy, Produxs Inc.
- Erica Coogan, Partner, Moss Adams Wealth Advisors
- John Croswell, Director, Revel Consulting
- Jake Domer, Owner:President, Express Employment Professionals
- Ben Franz-Knight, Executive Director, Pike Place Market Preservation and Development Authority
- Susan Gillespie, Administrative Director of Ambulatory Care , Swedish/Issaquah
- Josh Harris, Founder, Paracle Advisors
- Brian Heather, President and Founder, SolTerra Systems Inc.
- Shelly Heier, Executive Vice President of Consulting Services, Wurts & Associates
- Josh Henderson, Owner-chef, Skillet
- Petra Hilleberg, President and CEO, Hilleberg, Inc. (dba Hilleberg the Tentmaker USA)
- Matt Hooper, Attorney at Foster Pepper PLLC, Foster Pepper PLLC
- Jamie Hsu, President, Lakeville Construction Inc. (dba Lakeville Homes)
- Caroline King, Chief Operating Officer, Washington STEM
- David Lefkow, Bacontrepreneur/CEO, J&D’s Foods Inc.
The Puget Sound Business Journal will profile each of these individuals in a special report within the Sept. 14 paper and congratulate them in person at a public award ceremony at Showbox Sodo on Sept. 20.
Read the full list and more: 2012 40 Under 40 Seattle - Puget Sound Business Journal (Seattle)